UKKW 2018 Abstracts
Late Breaking Abstracts Now Open
Late Breaking abstract submission is open from 16th - 30th April.
Submissions should discuss important studies that will have significant impact on clinical practice or scientific knowledge.
To be accepted for presentation as a Late-Breaking Abstract it is likely the submission will contain newly acquired data related to an important study or studies. These data are likely to add significant medical or scientific knowledge related to the management, treatment, diagnosis, pathology, pathogenetic mechanisms or prevention of renal diseases or conditions.
Abstracts must follow the regular UKKW abstract submission guidelines as detailed here.
You can submit your abstract for UK Kidney Week® 2018 by clicking the button below.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Work that has been accepted for publication before the abstract deadline date may not be submitted
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via this site by completing the form below
- Abstracts are invited from all members of the multidisciplinary team
- UKKW will accept case report abstracts for consideration for poster presentation. Case reports that are based on clinic-pathological (kidney biopsy) findings will be eligible for inclusion in the clinic-pathological conference session. Case Reports should show one or more of the following: unexpected or unusual disease presentations; unreported or unusual side effects; patient safety considerations; findings of relevance to pathogenesis; unusual events during treatment or follow-up; presentation and management of very rare diseases. Reports can also comprise: N of 1 trials, meta-analyses of published case reports, retrospective studies that include case-specific information (age, sex and ethnicity).
- Authors are reminded to take particular care to ensure that the submitted case report includes no potential patient identifiers
- The uploaded abstract document should only include the text of the actual abstract do not include authors or hospital names in the document or document name
- Before continuing to the next screen, you should ensure that you have saved your abstract as a Word document with extension .doc or .docx.
- This document must fit on one side of an A4 sheet. Additional sheets will be rejected
- Font should be Times New Roman, size no smaller than 11pt
- Use Margins size of 3cm top, bottom & sides
- If you have used any scientific symbols you should select "embedded fonts" when you save your document
- Please ensure that you submit your abstract without track changes showing
- Abstract selection will be the responsibility of the Programme committee
- The submitting author of each abstract will be contacted by 5th May 2018 to the email address given on the submission (unless a different email address is provided)